Elle, I and our children love the Scandinavian Christmas bazaar and we try to go every year. It is held in the lush gardens surrounding Toorak House on the first weekend of December.
We love that we are able to find those small things that remind us of home, like enjoying shrimp sandwiches and strawberry-cream cake under the oak tree with the live Christmas music in the background.
I will be helping out in one of the stalls selling clogs on Saturday, come and see me if you are there!
Examples of what the Bazaar has to offer
- Wander stalls and discover what Scandinavia is famous for - design, textiles, handicrafts, glassware and more!
- Discover unique gifts and stunning Christmas decorations imported from Scandinavia.
- Savour a delicious variety of Scandinavian foods like Norwegian pancakes, Danish hotdogs, Swedish cakes and open sandwiches.
- Enjoy Scandinavian live music.
- Watch the Lucia procession and enjoy traditional Scandinavian Christmas songs.
- Meet the farm animals.
- Face paintings and a bouncing castle for the kids.
6th - 7th December, 2014
21 St Georges Rd, Toorak, Victoria