"It is that time of the year again, time for the Scandinavian Christmas Bazaar.
At our end of year celebration at Swedish School the kids were asked; what is it we are waiting for at the moment? All parents in the audience were expecting the kids to answer Santa or Jesus’ birth. But no, the boy that answered the question said the Christmas Bazaar, which brought out laughter in the audience. For Scandinavians in Melbourne it is so true, we do look forward to the Christmas bazaar that brings us back home in spirit this time of the year.
For us at Alex&Elle, the Christmas Bazaar is a must. We will be there with our stall as usual, THE TRAY SHOP will be back again this year with a huge range of trays, and we are also excited about Danish Red being there for the first time. Danish Red offers only the best in Danish furniture but also have a beautiful range of homeware products from Denmark."
Every year on the first weekend of December the traditional and very popular Scandinavian Christmas Bazaar is held in the lush gardens surrounding Toorak House. The event has become the highlight of Christmas for many locals with over 12.000 visitors. Come and enjoy the festive atmosphere.
- Wander stalls and discover what Scandinavia is famous for - design, textiles, handicrafts, glassware and more!
- Discover unique gifts and stunning Christmas decorations imported from Scandinavia
- Savour a delicious variety of Scandinavian foods like Norwegian waffles, Danish hotdogs, Swedish cakes and open sandwiches
- Enjoy Scandinavian live music, watch the Lucia procession and meet Pippi Longstocking
- Kids corner with bouncing castle, animal farm etc.
Saturday 1 Dec 10am - 5pm & Sunday 2 Dec 10am-4pm
Toorak House, 21 St Georges Rd, Toorak, VIC